Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Perseverance and Patience in Prayer

George Mueller had this to say about prayer:

George Muelller
I am now, in 1864, waiting upon God for certain blessings, for which I have daily besought Him for 19 years and 6 months, without one day's intermission. Still the full answer is not yet given concerning the conversion of certain individuals. In the meantime, I have received many thousands of answers to prayer. I have also prayed daily, without intermission, for the conversion of other individuals about ten years, for others six or seven years, for others four, three and two years, for others about eighteen months; and still the answer is not yet granted, concerning the persons [whom I have prayed for nineteen-and-a-half years]... Yet I am daily continuing in prayer and expecting the answer...Be encouraged, dear Christian reader, with fresh earnestness to give yourself to prayer, if you can only be sure that you ask for things which are for the glory of God. (George Mueller, Autobiography of George Mueller, Nisbet and Co., page 296.)

No comments:

Post a Comment