Friday, April 24, 2009

What I Sometimes Get From Drinking Coffee

I have this coffee mug you see, that has Scripture verses all over it. It was gift from my Mom several years ago. Not long ago I suddenly realized that I ought to read it and not just drink from it. After all, that's why the verses are there - to remind me of what I should be doing, praying. Well, praying and ruminating on the verses. Here they are in no special order as they are all equally a blessing.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. Mark 11:24-26

Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. James 4:8

Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not. Jeremiah 33:3

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly. Matthew 6:6

Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. James 1:5

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment